Moving toward an age of revealing!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Getup/Setup with Rest

Desire is possibility seeking expression, or function seeking performance. 
~Wallace D. Wattles



The Getup
Unweighted 12R/L

The Setup
It is time for me to find a program and stick with it. I have not found/earned significant gains over the last year when it comes to any of my lifts and have decided to take some action. Start to finish programming. I am not terribly upset with my max lift weight, I am more concerned with technique, which seems to be my biggest hindrance. I believe the increase in 1RM will come with increased awareness, regular practice and improved efficiency.

Supporting exercises will be in the form of metcon as noted in CF Journal by Matt Chan - (nice kettlebell Matt!)

So, let's see how well I can integrate this into my regular box WOD's as well. “The magic is in the movement, the art is in the programming, the science is in the explanation and the fun is in the community.”

Westside Barbell
Conjugated Periodization
Understanding the Program by Dave Tate (full article here PowerWOD.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment