Moving toward an age of revealing!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Focus or ?

Don't dwell on what went wrong. 
Instead, focus on what to do next.
Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer. 
Denis Waitley


Warm-up:
Row 500

3 RNDs
5 double cleans hold for 1 minute and walk (rack practice) @12kg/26#
10 V-up to Push up - ugh
10 deck squats - yeah!

Workout: 
9 RNDs (45 seconds for each round) Shaun Cairns Grad Workout
So, I took 1 RND = R/L, total of 180 swings
10 two hand swings @20kg/44#
This was a nice work set, not meant to kill it! My energy level and mental outlook on training this past week has not been high. Feeling like I need to step back on the volume and work on some balance. I should be starting a Full Strength Cycle this week coming up. Get to it, don't hinder. Work, enjoy, play with variety. That was the goal today.
1 clean and squat with a 2 count hold @12kg/16#
Went lighter than I can clean due to the press at the end of the hold.
Hold the bell in rack position until (key word here) 45 second timer rings then press
Well, it would be nice if I actually READ the full workout instead of scanned and went for it! I actually held the bell for 30 seconds ... I tried 45, but knew after the 2nd round I would be totally smoked for this workout ;)! So not really too far off the timing, but a good stretch for my mental capacity.
Continue on to the swings and other side of your body.


Again, not reading the instructions for the work, right up front ... I should have seen that each round was 45 seconds. However, this work felt spectacular. Lesson ... focus.
Warm-down:
Ladder
Happy, happy, happy!
1 Turkish get up then 5 snatches right side at the top of TGU
1 Turkish get up then 5 snatches left side at the top of TGU
Added ladder pull-ups in between RNDs - hands are healing well
Continue doing 1 TGU but ladder snatches down 4,3,2 and 1
(Optional pull-up practice in between rounds of TGU and snatches)

No comments:

Post a Comment