Moving toward an age of revealing!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Support Health

“A year from now you may wish you had started today.” 


Measured out a mile both sides of my driveway last night ;). Preparation. However, this am, I did not take the 1mile trek. Feeling a bit off cycle.

Mustered up some good intentions for today's WOD though and it really paid off. Not sure if thas been the heat or the downer from swim cycle ending or knowing a complete change in training is ahead. I was pleased with my summer training schedule and work, but the IT keeps coming to mind. I will be looking for an accountability partner, not just people I work out with but someone to call me on my bullshit if or when it comes around.

The decision to take training to a more serious level this year has been made, coming up on week 4 here of the training cycle laid out by CJ at the Master Class and for the most part it has been a good Recovery & Rebuild phase. But I am finding there is a missing ingredient. GO FIND IT.

Basic body warm up set(c)
30 seconds of each - 5 minutes
Jump rope/Jumping jacks/Burpee/Jump rope/Mtn climbers/Squat jumps/Jump rope/High knees/Butt kickers/Jump rope

Workout of the Day
A.
Take 10-15 minutes to build to a heavy Close-Grip Bench Press
Used the two thumb distance on this. 
Reached 100#, no spotter, might have been able to go heavier, but didn't want to chance getting the bar stuck. Felt like work, heavy, but not max.

B.
Close-Grip Bench Press
*Set 1 – x 2 reps @ 90% 90#
*Set 2 – x 3 reps @ 85% 85#
*Set 3 – x 4 reps @ 80% 80#
*Set 4 – x 5 reps @ 75% 75#
*Set 5 – x 6 reps @ 70% 70#
Rest no more than 60 seconds between sets.

Good sets. Worked on keeping elbows in. 

C.
Three rounds for time of:
20 Burpees
30 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
40 Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)

15:52 yowza! Great metcon. Swings felt fantastic, yay burpees, C2B went well. Last round I really had to dig down and broke everything pull and swings into quarters. Gave me a good goal to keep up pace and not hit failure. 

Happy-ending
2 RNDs
  • 10 Myotatic Crunch
  • 10 Cat Vomit

   A fitness regimen that doesn’t support health is not CrossFit.

No comments:

Post a Comment