1. the sultry part of the summer, supposed to occur during the period that Sirius, the Dog Star, rises at the same time as the sun: now often reckoned from July 3 to August 11.
2. a period marked by lethargy, inactivity, or indolence.
Trail Walk - 1 mile, really enjoying these. Today there was a warm breeze. I found some old friends along the way, mullein, lambs ears & echinacea. I see ... as I still feel that I am in recovery from swim season, shade, fluids and continuing on the rebuild/recovery schedule, I could be experiencing the dog days of summer.
Though I should be enjoying, I am anxious for some regime and good particle flow. Reading a little of Andy's new blog ... I guess I am looking for IT. How to do it all? Focus on it all. Live it all ... define ALL.
Basic body warm up set - 10 reps of each movement
Squat/Lunge/Push up/Pull up (home TRX)/Sit up/Leg raises/Russian twist/Evil wheel (from knees)
Breakfast ;) - pasture eggs (3) thank you Rachel, garden tomatoes thank you Mark w/fresh basil thank you Lisa, strawberries thank you local gal! coffee - hmmmm not so local
Workout of the Day
Three sets, not for time, of:
Butterfly Pull-Up x 10-12 reps
(if you’re already proficient with these, see how quickly you can perform them – what tricks can you implement to increase the speed while staying in rhythm)
Handstand Walk x 10-15 Meters
(alt Handstand Wall Runs on a couple)
L-Sit x 30-45 seconds (3x15 seconds)
Take 12-15 minutes to build to a heavy Clean & Jerk - the bar feels heavy today . 115#
Three sets of:
Clean Pull x 5 reps @ 100-105% of 1-RM Clean
Rest 60 seconds
Supinated-Grip Weighted Chest-to-Bar Pull-Up x 2-3 reps
Rest 60 seconds
* Set 1 – 3 reps @ 80% of 1-RM - 95#
* Set 2 – 2 reps @ 85-90% - 100
* Set 3 – 1 rep @ 90-95% - 105
* Set 4 – 5 reps @ 70% - 85
* Set 5 – 5 reps @ 75% - 90
* Set 6 – 5 reps @ 80% - 95
* Set 7 – 5 reps @ 85% - 100
Rest 2 minutes between sets.
Winery dinner with the hubby. Now there is a priority. Well earned after today. Time to enjoy.