Moving toward an age of revealing!

Friday, May 2, 2014

WOW!


Don't let surface things delude us,
But free us from what holds us back from our true purpose.

Wow!

I have heard that said in relation to some pretty significant 'stuff' over the last couple of weeks and while it barely covers that actual emotion behind it, WOW!

Tough warm up day for me. I did not wake up sore or otherwise overextended, but once I got to the gym, I was really feeling the impact of this week's training. 

Warm up
Run 1 mile - I was actually thankful for this today

3 RNDs
5 Bfly pull ups - everything hurts
10 push ups - broken into 5 diamond/5 dive bomber push ups
15 reverse sit ups w/10#
20 squats - rhythmic

Mobility with the band - needed
Plenty of training time today so time taken.

Skill 
EMOTM 10 minutes
20 Dbl unders
10 T2B

7 RNDs unbroken, 3 I hit the bench ... small quarters in the Cool gym sometimes :)
I was very warm after this. Happy with starting to feel loose.

Strength
Deficit Deadlift @155# on 45# plates 3, 3, 2, 2
Yep, getting heavier

Burgner warm up & a few more basic ROM moments ...
Snatch 3x3 w/bar
Snatch push press - 3x5 w/bar - that was interesting

Finisher
Just feeling like putting the 8kg KB in my hand and whirling it around a bit.

3RNDs - standing on the tire
10 R/L Around the world
10 R/L Figure 8 to Hold - I still LOVE these ;)
20 Alt Flips/Juggling - happy not to drop any! I guess I can up the weight now!

Cool Down
5 minute AirDyne

No comments:

Post a Comment