Moving toward an age of revealing!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fight Gone Bad 6

The heart of an athlete can change the world. 
The soul of an athlete can change the game.

Yep, I can say BONK. It has been a very long time, but I earned it. My schedule has been regular and not that intimidating, well programmed, but my food intake has been somewhat erratic and not as predictable as I should have made it. I was feeling very confident in 'my body will tell me when and what it needs...' however, my body was not on board with this.

I knew when I woke up that I was in great need to a day off. I just couldn't not go, so...off I went. To the Allen Ranch. Ready for anything. I knew I would be far from a PR today on Fight Gone Bad, but it was the purpose of the event that made it all worth it. Sometimes we show up and do the work, just for the work, for those selfless reasons these events are held, not for the score or the competition or the PR.

“Fight Gone Bad”
3 rounds of the following:
1 minute at each station for max reps
Wallball, 20/14 pound
Sumo Deadlift High Pull 55#
Box jump, 20″
Push Press, 75/55#
Row for calories
Rest
 
Nope, I didn't add up my score. I didn't really need to to know that I was not close to my 297 on the last go 'round. Yes, I enjoyed my fellow CrossFitters and completely enjoyed the workout. 
 
I have been eating ALL day. I have a dull headache just under the back of my skull, I certainly didn't kill it on the push press or SDHP so likely just a neuroendocrine response reiterating the warning and my pre-taper run is OUT for tonight. Some of it could be the pressure system that is above but I know myself well enough to know that stress on my body has reached its limit and it is time for a full rest day. Recover, tomorrow is just short 1 hour easy ride, to enjoy. Eat well. Stay hydrated. Laugh and have some fun ;).

With gratitude for your the sacrifices made. ~jgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment