Moving toward an age of revealing!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Good Sunday

Really it comes down to philosophy. 
Do you want to play it safe and be good or 
do you want to take a chance and be great? 
~Jimmy Johnson

Ahhh, what seems like being back to a regular day. Just for the day! Don't think I have done a CF workout since I was in Indpendence OH! Not a real good burner at least.

The 5x5 is going well. I am only off a day so far. That was this past Friday, just couldn't fit it in with the week. Wednesday was by the skin of my teeth, but since it isn't too heavy yet, I am in good shape. I will hold over Friday's 5x5 work until tomorrow and push the schedule back by one day.

Swims have been fantastic. I will pull out the timer this week for intervals. It has been refreshing to be back in the water. Also, have added in a morning 1.5 mile sunrise trail walking meditation. I have felt the hills even though it isn't a run, KStar work here too. Taking care. Really noticing what has been neglected and become tight/hindered these past couple of years. Feels good to do this first thing. Taking into account CJs flush it out recommendation for overall training. Just trying to find my flow during the season transition. Getting ready to start the new season post games! I really really like how things are coming along. Will be anxious to test some max efforts in a few weeks.

Today however, is just pure fun!

Suspension Training
4 RNDs, 15 reps each movement
A1: Atomic Push up TRX
A2: Parallette Dive Bomber
A3: Handstand Push up (let's go for Carl's recommendation from TMC)
A4: Parallette Swing 60 seconds

OPT
10 minutes
Build to 1RM FS 130# PR!
3 dead hang pull up between each set

Hybrid  OPT/MMMS2 Metcon
3RFT
10 KB OHSwing 1.5 pood
10 Ball Slam
5 Burpees
10 Figure 8 to hold

Oh, this hurt a bit. Good fast pace, went 4:08


No comments:

Post a Comment