Moving toward an age of revealing!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Little Track 'll Do Ya!


Strength does not come from physical capacity. 
It comes from an indomitable will. 
~ Mahatma Ghandi 

Drag, drag, drag ... I've come to this decision and I feel like all I can do is drag my keester over these last few days. Achy, fatigued and lethargic, who IS this person??

Luckily my sweetie girl was willing to head down to the local schoolyard where I could get the work done. I have to say, the older schools still have the good stuff ... pull up bars, parallel bars, monkey bars. Suppose to be a sand run, will be a decomposed granite track run for me ;). Not as fun, less work on the legs but still a bit grueling in the dry, 97 degree heat of the day. Thankfully the scenery up here is darn good!

Warm up
Handstand holds
Parallel bar swings
Pull ups

Skill
Water drinking, sit in the shade, OMG get to it!!

WOD
4 RNDs for time
  • 1X around the track
  • 25 KB Swings
  • 15 Burpees
Track runs ranged from 2:00 - 2:03, happy with that ;), legs felt like lead weights so I was surprised.
Swings were sweet ~
Burpees - YAY! as always

12:52
 Bummer is that I was not very hungry post workout, which meant a small cultured coconut milk smoothie with fresh blueberries and strawberries, a little whipping cream. But didn't feel good about digestion over the day, guess it was a better note to end on than stuffed and pukey.


No comments:

Post a Comment