Moving toward an age of revealing!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Atlas Shrugged

“If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders -
What would you tell him?"

I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

To shrug.”
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Warm up
1/2 mile airdyne - RPM 5
ROM
Down dog to up dog
Pull up
Push up
Pigeon

Skill
10 minutes
Handstand push-ups - coming along, yay! 3 in a row makes me happy. Just keep practicing. So very pleased with my quick progress here, what was I waiting for??
L2 Conditioning Workout
15 minute AMRAP
  • 50M sled pull 160# - hello ...
  • 1 Atlas Stone lift 75# - a bit light/form first, I need to work on the powerful hip pop to shrug
  • 5 Muscle up - scaled 3 pull up/3 ring dip 
  • 20 Burpees
2 RNDs + 7 Burpees
Hoped to get to 3 full rounds, almost. The sled pull was a bit rough and took much longer than I thought. Getting into my shoulders and down low enough, taking short steps on my toes when all I wanted to do was get there with long strides which actually brought me to a halt. These are the movements that will require more time in to get the technique down.

I had a crazy bad headache this evening. Not sure if it was from caffeine detox - 2 days, juicing, standing on my head or the overall work in general on my stress areas (shoulders, mid back) from this week. Could have just been all things!
All in all, great to get into a groove. Good night sleep and anticipation for Saturday's swim/run.

No comments:

Post a Comment