Moving toward an age of revealing!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

5am, Freezing & Filthy ~ Fun

“Don’t fight forces, use them.” ~ Buckminster Fuller



Talk about a damn cold morning. I got up and out early to get this workout in with the 6am class. It is so much more fun with a big group. I was certainly worked, but still not sweating. We had a blast of snow the afternoon before, so I knew that it was possible I wouldn't get down without ice or fog. All was relatively clear and it was well worth the 4am wake up!

Now, no food prep for this trip, just too early, so I hit Nugget and love the Florentine Bowl ... fortunately they customize it for me, no starch no dairy, made to order :) and warm. Coupled with a delicious cup of Republic Apple Cider tea I was fully satisfied and off to the dry sauna. Perfect reward.

Warm up
500 meter row
10 pushups
10 situps
20 walking lunges
20 jumping jacks
Workout of the Day
Filthy Fifty
For time, 50 reps each:
  • Box Jumps (24"/20"), 
  • Jumping PU,
  • KB Swings, 
  • Walking Lunges,
  • Knees 2 Elbows, 
  • Push Press (45/35lb),
  • GHD Back Extensions (no GHD good mornings here)
  • Wall Ball (20/14lb) not enough wall ball, subbed 8kg 1 arm squat thrust
  • Burpees, 
  • Double Unders
PR time of 20:59

KB Challenge work
Only light weight, recovery reps, nothing overhead.
4 sets of 100 reps = 400
 

No comments:

Post a Comment