Moving toward an age of revealing!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sweethearts

From faith, hope and love, the virtues of religion referring to God, 
there arises a double act which bears on the spiritual communion exercised between God and us; 
the hearing of the word and prayer. 
~William Ames

Warm up
4 RNDs - light weight, heavy weight, light weight, heavy weight

Double Bells, each movement 50M light - 8kg/30M heavy - 16kg:
  • Bear Crawl
  • Farmer Carry


Workout
2RNDs - 1st RND up complex, 2nd RND down complex

Using Double Bells complete the following complex:
  • Swing @ 20kg - 1,2,3,4,5 (4,3,2,1)
  • Clean & Squat @ 16kg - 2,3,4,5,6 (5,4,3,2)
  • Push Press @ 12kg - 3,4,5,6,7 (6,5,4,3)
  • Snatch @ 8kg - 4,5,6,7,8 (7,6,5,4)

MEGA hard workout. 

So, strategy was to work on my heavy swings, the clean/squat was aggressive with the numbers, but my DBL front squat has been consistent, so ... What really happened ... I made it through the first 3 sets as noted above. Then sets 4/5/6 I dropped the 16kg down to 12kg. Bells were only set down to move to next weight and I might have snuck in a breath or two before picking up the next set. Whoa!

Felt the need to cool it down some, so added this in. I have been wanting to get on the bag again and work on breathing.

Post work
  • Heavy bag 3 RNDs
  • Meta crunch 3x15

LUNCH!! Felt well earned today. So, I did, I went there. 

Boarshead Beef Frankfurters w/sauerkraut over steamed shredded cabbage, fresh basil and tomatoes, topped with parm cheese. I do not even miss the bun, but it would have been good to have something to hold all this juicy goodness together. Creative mind get working!!

No comments:

Post a Comment