Moving toward an age of revealing!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Destiny

“A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” 
Jean de La Fontaine



Wow. Heavy quote today. But having to do the Open WOD up the hill after score have been submitted for the box and before what is meant to be a meditative event, well, I think I get it.

Super bummed that I arranged my schedule this week without leaving any space for change. Well, that is just the way life is sometimes. There are just things that either need to be done or work outside of a regular schedule. I spent so much time worrying about trying to change and fix things that I really feel like I missed being where I was at the time. What a waste. So, there it is. As my new friend, Zen Master Monk Leonardo would say ... OK. DONE.

13.2
10 Min AMRAP
5 Shoulder to Overhead 75#
10 Deadlift 75#
15 Box jumps
233 reps

I was shooting for 8 RNDs, almost! Maybe with more energy around me, maybe with some coaching (I hear some new methods were helpful), maybe not. I did watch the prep video and hope that sinks in when I can't think anymore. I gave it my all and in my mind, I did my best here. Good!

The overhead got a little rough at the end but hey, that's what I am working on, so keep at it! What are you prepared to do?!

I will say that it certainly made yoga more interesting and when we did the ceremony at the end of the day and I was the candle carrier/placer/holder from place to place around the labyrinth, um, hello, could I feel that. Good for awareness though ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment