Moving toward an age of revealing!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Slow Burn


My formula for living is quite simple.
I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. 
In between, I occupy myself as best I can.
~ Cary Grant


After two days of rest. I am tired. What?! HRV is saying enjoy more rest. Ok. Listening. No heavy lifts this week, just some good old fashioned playing with toys.

Could be the rainy weather, could be a lot of time on deck. Saturday was crazy good fun at the meet, kids did amazing and it was muggy and warm. Tried to stay hydrated.

Sunday ended up being rest and a movie with the tween girls, hello Monsters U! I couldn't stay up past  9pm and thought I'd be ready for some fun come this morning. Well, it was rainy at practice, which isn't a big deal, but it was just different. Lots of volume, lower energy morning. Quick day of work. Nap! Oh yes, it felt good. Heavy rain finally arrived. It was a bit of a cocoon.

So, GREAT class tonight, even pace. Huge burner though! Slow burn. Working and working on intricacies, balance, form, engage. The snatch was a bruiser from the ground every time. Loved it!

FIND YOUR CREW!

Stolen
Thanks KB Guy!
All work done @16kg - yeah baby!

Warm-up: 2 rounds
10 frog hop
10 goal post shoulder extension
10 V ups
10 Windshield wiper with a low abdominal thrust
Skill: Sprawl to a Snatch
Workout: 4 rounds
10 each side 5 count sprawl with alternating snatch
10 walk out to an opposite arm/leg lift
10 figure 8 to hold each side
10 four count mountain climbers to a dive bomber (total dive bombers = 10)
10 alt swings each side

No comments:

Post a Comment