Moving toward an age of revealing!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Just Another Sunday


Choose rather to be strong of soul than strong of body.

- Pythagoras


Warm up
3RNDs 10 reps each
Ball slam - argggh I love getting down with these
KB Swing 16kg
Wall ball - ah heck, why not ;)
KB ATW (Around The World)

KB Skill
DBL Clean/Press @ 8kg each

Strength
5 sets of 8 reps, R :30 between sets

  • Deadlift 155# - huge rush on the last two sets ... ? maybe go up in weight next time or hold the plan ... assess.
  • Clean 95# - found I really had to slow down on these for form. I missed using the Bella bar today.
  • KTE
  • Pendulum w/knee tuck  - I forgot how hard these are! Good bruise working for hitting the box jump in the first round, sweet! I mean what is deadlift day without some bruises w/assist joy.

Punch/kick
4 sets @ 2 minutes ON, 1 minute OFF
Have to say, been doing the 1, 1-2 and added in 3, the hook, today ;). Like that one. Also adding in the 4th round is a burner but feels great. Someone must have turned up the heat though.

Jump rope
Okay today the second round of these kicked my booty. Round one all good, doing DBL Unders and criss cross was pretty fun, still using heavy rope - looking forward to my next 'flight simulator'. Next ... don't look at the clock, don't look at the clock ... damn, move the clock but like a wreck, I couldn't look away until that moment and I almost blew off the last 15 seconds, but would have to account to myself for that. By the time I  had the internal chat it was over ;).

Finisher
3RNDs
  • Lawn mowers - thank you TACFIT
  • Dips
  • Good mornings/Boxer twist rotate every 10/10
  • Coach B's snatch warm up w/bar

No comments:

Post a Comment