Moving toward an age of revealing!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Song

In summer, the song sings itself.  ~William Carlos Williams

Morning Joy
Tread water 30 minutes

3RNDs
Sprint 25 Freestyle - Get out, 25 Push ups
Sprint 25 Breast stroke - Get out, 25 Squats
Sprint 25 Butterfly - Get out, 25 act Flutter kicks over the pool edge

Yeah baby! Love these little dittys!

Afternoon Rub
Warm up
3RNDs
Row 300M
20M Bear Crawl
Ring rows - no partner for tug o war!

Skill
Atlas Stone - 40/70/90#
Just too freaking hot to focus on these. Really want that 115 but it wasn't today.

Strength
Backsquat worked up to 165#
5 sets of 3

I hear myself saying REST out loud, I know that I am in that mid-swim summer league phase of just being damn tired when it comes to heavy ... this felt ick. Should have given this one the heave-ho today. Solidifies my decision to take this month off of L2 training and focus on StrongFirst movements for the fall cert.

MetCon
21-15-9
KB OHSwing 24kg
Burpee over Box 20in
6:26

Gawd! On top of the heat inside the box, these were not as much of a delight as I had hoped ;). I super loved the swings, of course.

Must check the eating, I think that I am under feeding a bit believe it or not. So much activity these last couple of weeks and on a tough roll for the next few weeks. Check it all! HRV, pay attention, don't just measure!


No comments:

Post a Comment