Moving toward an age of revealing!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Coming Up For Air

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. 
You don’t need to be accepted by others. 
You need to accept yourself." 
—Thich Nhat Hanh


Thought I would take a little variety to ramp back into the week. The plan changed a bit after I entered the gym, but worked out just fine as a hybrid ;). Got my WOD on with the class and really enjoyed it.

End of the season was a blast, but it took a toll on my training as well as my energy level. 10 hours of swim champs on Saturday, luckily I stayed well hydrated though exhausted, awards the next day after a crazy spreadsheet session and let me tell you data entry when tired is no fun. Monday was our team teen trip to Six Flags, park was half empty!  I rode as many coasters as I possibly could! Superman all the way baby! Then on Tuesday, the whole team trip to SunSplash was a full day of carrying rafts, sliding and fortunately not a lot of long lines which meant go go go! I couldn't stay awake past 8pm. So, today, not a big day jump right back on schedule, but a good day to flush out inflammation. Can't wait for my reflexology foot massage at Red Lantern on Thursday ;).

Run 1 mile
So glad I have this to look forward to each morning. The air is getting cooler and the quiet mornings seem to get me set right as I finish one season and move into the next. Reflection on a great season.

AirDyne 2 min on, 1 off x2 @ 4+RPM
Um, yeah? These were clearly not max effort but end of the second set was a push.

EMOTM - unbroken
5 Push ups - diamond progression for 1-arm work
5 T2B

Skill
Ring dips
5x5

EKG (Evolution Kettlebell Groundwork) Set
Nice mobility support. Set the stage for bell work.

  • ShinBox Switch w/Ext
  • Spinal Rock w/Ext
  • Single Leg Kick DL
  • Mtn Climber Sprawl

Meditation Focus
Today I am open to the presence of miracles.

Burgner warm up set - shoot! forgot these Jeff!

Strength
5x5 Floor Press @95 his means my 1RM must be getting higher!!

100 Hollow rocks
100 Superman rocks

EMOTM
C2B Pull ups unbroken - Max 10 sets
Feeling strong on these - hand care!

Food
IF - coffee
Lunch- spicy mustard sautéed shrimp w/cilantro, tomato, butter, rice crackers
Dinner- baked tarragon chicken w/fresh herbs, cucumber, balsamic vinegar & sesame
Snack- Granny smith apple, Dark chocolate & heavy cream whip
42/42/16

Brain stim
Looking forward to this! If you want to expand the mind a little as well as working on the physical body, this comes alongside training in a powerful way!
Flatland

No comments:

Post a Comment