Moving toward an age of revealing!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Trust Your Training


On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain;
either you will reach a point higher up today,
or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.
~ Fredrich Nietzsche

Training my powers ... oh so much to ponder here! There is some depth that I will give some serious thought to.

I find myself, still anxious. Taking these full days off, is good, but I still want to be in motion. Working some bells today. Just feeling the need to swing and keep some movement flowing. All things with medium intensity. But I am feeling the need for a blow it all out WOD, maybe a chipper, soon. I have to be squat responsible until I reach the progress level. I guess I am 'training my powers'.

It is an amazing weather day and I couldn't resist getting the work done right on my doorstep. I think the temp hit 65, breezy, with the bluest of blue sky.

Evolution Kettlebell Groundwork
BW L1

Run CFE
Getting ready for the 6 Pack 1/2?! 10 weeks out
Completely unofficial, canyon trail run. Let's do it!
Luckily my driveway is just about the right distance for this one.
  • 8x200, 2 min rest
Kettlebell Drills
Basic Ladder

Warm up
15 TRX row
10 Lunge stretch each side
10 OHSquat PVC

5-1 Ladder (each side all w/12kg)
  • Bent row
  • 1 Arm swing
  • Squat
  • Snatch
  • Push up on KB
  • Tactical lunge
Volleyball is going well.! Us old folk are out there getting it done, let's hope that continues tonight as well. We are 4/6 matches so far. Not bad for second year newbies. Weather is changing and time to stay warm. Good thing we have a bye on our 3rd match tonight ;). Crockpot and family snuggle on the agenda.

Meditation
In silence is my wisdom.
Listen for the silence under the noise today.

Is CrossFit going to kill you? If it hasn't in 5 years, I might be safe :).
Great response from Layne Norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment