Moving toward an age of revealing!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Trot Turkey, Trot!

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.


Folsom Turkey Trot with my girl Patty ;).

Took the 30# sandbag along on this one. Patty has been doing this event for the last few years and decided to give it a little flair this year. Glad she asked me to join in!

We arrived early and had some parking lot chat. This was a great way to start the day. Knowing that we both had decided to jog this as much as we could due to time constraints and family commitments for the day. Well, we were heading over, thinking we would hear from the other members of the box when they arrived and hit the starting line together.  Um, not so much ;). I hear the gun go off and we were a short jaunt away, so we hightailed it over and just kept going. Turkey greetings to the crew and off we went.

I lost her about a mile in! Oh no! Next year our strategy will be better. Plan was .25m jog, .25m walk. Well, I thought she was way ahead of me because she was able to weave in and out of the strollers/dogs and other small obstacles pretty well, but I was lagging a bit. So I kept foraging onward! Stopping to scan every so often, then doing my best to 'catch up'. 

When it was all said and done ... I finished in about 44 minutes with a 14 minute mile average. Why I didn't think to pull out my phone and send her a note, ah, the 30# of sandbag must have been the main reason. Never put that sucker down. I was ready for a fwe bottles of water, they had some yummy gluten free bakery nibs and thankfully Cuties - 'tis the season! We circled around and shared our tales of the trot, heading onward to our respective family events. Perfect morning!

It was a marathon for us after that. Four family stops, food, driving and finally a holiday cocktail and some pumpkin pie to top it all off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment